Monday, December 28, 2009

What? Christmas Moons....huh?

Yes, it has been that long since I've posted anything. It has been so long that I'm ashamed to say that I forgot my password. HA. Thankfully after several tries it came back to me! Whew! No Alzheimer's yet.

I just really wanted to post something about our Christmas this year from my point of view before my son gives his version of it. I'll just tell you right now that it was amazingly fun at times.

Okay, we have traditions, silly but fun ones that my kids insist that we do every year. (My kids ages range from 18 - 24ish.)

On Christmas Eve we always get together for dinner and the infamous Scavenger hunt..... Yes, I'm in charge of this one. If you are familiar with me at all you know that writing poetry is not a talent I have. But I really feel like I need to rhyme all the clues. Knowing my lack of ability in rhyming one would think I would start at least a few days before but no, year after year I find myself at about 3 in the afternoon frantically trying to come up with clues. Such as,

There's a "special" tradition at our house ya know.
It happens the Eve before Santa comes Ho, ho ho!

I then proceed to make up a clue that would rhyme. I decided that this year I would make the clues really tough so that it would take them more than the 15 minutes to find the treasure. The first clue went something like - To start this fun, get your shoes for the run, cause the first clue is hidden behind the sun! Wahoo. I know, I know. Dumb. BUT, the next clue was surely going to get them. It went like this - "Okey, Dokey Little Smokey's! You're sure to find more
for the next clue is around the scary neighbors front door!" HA! I would pay money to see their faces again.

We have a neighbor that is little "odd" (many long stories that I'll save you from) he gives the kids the creeps. So I snuck over to his house (Ok, I know, who sounds odd now) I put the clue under his door mat. When my kids read this they rolled their eyes but were good sports and made their way to his house. I watched out the front window loving every minute of it!

To my surprise I noticed that my kids were lined up on our driveway. I noticed the camera propped and thought how sweet, they are taking a picture for me! Then as I took a closer look I saw three BARE BUTTS!!!! I screamed! "Those little _ _ _ _ _! Kurt! come and see what your kids are doing!! There's some Christmas Moons out here!" After I Picked my jaw up from off the floor I stood there with a blank stare. I know I taught them better than that!!! Then it dawned on me, it's their dad's genes coming out in them. ;)

I was the one to get the last laugh as I watched them carefully make their way to "Scary Man's" house. As they were looking all over his porch who should be coming home right then? Yes, Mr. Scare himself! I laughed and laughed as I watched them nonchalantly make their way back to our house.

I love my crazy kids. They made my Christmas this year. Next year I can't wait cause we'll be doing random acts of kindness especially for the Scarey neighbor.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!!! I want to come spend Christmas at your house. Love you Aunt 'Chele
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete